Dental Nurse Training
This is for businesses looking for advice on dental nurse training.
Dental nurses support the dentist in all aspects of patient care.
This can include:
- Getting the appropriate instruments ready
- Mixing materials for dental procedures
- Ensuring patient comfort throughout their visit
- Taking notes from dentists’ dictation for personal records
- After the patient has been treated, tidy the surgery and sterilise all of the dental instruments
In general dental practices, the dental nurse may help with:
- Reception work
- Making appointments
- Taking payments
- Dealing with paperwork
- Meeting and reassuring patients
Dental nurses can be employed in general practice, hospitals or the community dental services and can also train as a dental nurse in the armed forces.